How does one love G-D with all their heart, with all your might and all thy soul? Could it be similar to the love one feels for another special individual in their life? Here are a few ways (below) I believe this could occur.
(1) UNCONDITIONALLY- While times may move like the waves our love of G-D should stay anchored to the shore.
(2) EMOTIONALLY- Expressing Love for G-D should be as exciting as the Met’s winning another World Series and if they do you know it’s divine intervention (lol)
(3) COMPLETELY- One should include G-D in all the breaks that go one’s way whether an acceptance speech or a can finally being open.
(4) ANGRY- Yes, you can be angry when those waves are rocking at your shore even question the ship you’re on but at the same time understand you’re ship hasn’t landed yet.
(5) NOT SATISFIED- One should love G-D knowing that there is more to their mission every day even if they’ve docked at an island.
FOOTNOTE- Maybe that is why loving G-D requires all your heart, might and soul because it truly isn’t easy especially in the world we live and many a time my boat was rocked as well.
When these (above) come together perfectly then it’s “The Song” and when one thinks about it on a spiritual basis let’s just say it’s perfect. For in life one goes through many trials and tribulations that don’t seem to fit but the song is the melody which brings it all together in perfect harmony. Moses led his followers to that song throughout his journey but only till the Egyptian army was crushed by the sea did the words flow from their mouths. That song may only be sung during our (G-D willing) heavenly journey although we receive many a notes during one’s lifetime here. It’s just that we have to open to hear them along our path to make our life sound just right.
Today is the first day I go on without my biggest supporter – my mom. A person who was truly there for me, even before I was born, and has been with me all along. Unlike other supporters, she didn’t tell me to pursue some “big goal” but gave me the advice to “make sure I had fun along the way.”
When I sought work as a paperboy, she strongly suggested I should enjoy my leisure instead, before I didn’t have that luxury anymore. When I ignored her advice and got the job as a paperboy, she insisted on driving me around to deliver the papers, if even the smallest cloud appeared in the sky (okay, maybe more than just one, but still!)
She made sure that I always had my favorite juice and vegetables through my growing up years as well. Mom was one who stood by my side as I battled everyone else in our family during often-heated debates or at least she told them to listen to me.
But the biggest thing my Mom taught me is that small things truly do matter, and small gestures of kindness can last a lifetime. My mom was wise enough to know that the little moments are truly special. One of my favorite “little” moments with my mom is when we saw the movie Alien together and we didn’t feel like eating anymore popcorn because of what could pop out of our stomach (spoiler alert!). Another one is that last special moment when we fed ducks; she fought for the smallest one to get a bite even though she didn’t feel well enough herself to eat.
While I will still try to change the world, maybe I can work a bit harder to make a difference in my inner world as well; that way my mom will never fade away. My memories and love for my mom will truly last a lifetime.
Mom, may G-D give you a resting place that is worthy of your dignity, grace, and love. I already miss my biggest supporter, and it’s only day one.
Let’s face it if you actually counted today the population of people of the Jewish faith it would not be sand of the sea but probably about .2 % of the world population so how can I bible believer rectifier this quagmire? Well let’s just say their is room for interpretation (below) .
(1) INFLUENCE– Although our population is small we hold many different leadership positions in areas where our holy purpose can be felt whether it be in charity, politics, innovation, entertainment, medicine and of course faith.
(2) BROTHERS, SISTERS, & COUSINS- Those brother, sister and cousin belief’s that hold onto a faith of one G-D and love of G-D’s other creations are spread throughout the world. The goal of peaceful co-existence within the family is shared by those who might have differences on other points but what family is perfect?
(3) BOOK- The Torah/Bible is shared throughout the world even if some have added a page or made a modification here, there and (you get the point) at least we start with the same opening.
12/1/2018- 10AM- Congregation Shaarey Israel- 18 Montebello Road-Montebello, NY
This is YOUR official invite to attend my annual D’var Torah on the bibilical story of Joseph. Where I attempt to delve a bit deeper to show how this ancient story is relevant in the times we live in today. I can’t promise that the insight will change your life but I’ll try and at the end you’ll have at least an extra bagel with some cream cheese to go with it. For a wonderful Kiddish with friends will occur afterwards and it’s on my house or maybe just a bedroom.
You have taken the time to pray for someone who needs it unfortunately you didn’t take the time to remember the right name, where does your message go? I believe that G-D not only hears the words of your prayers but your intention thereof and even if the name is spelled differently G-D’s spell check clears it up. Of course if G-D doesn’t have to use the spell check it would be more direct yet indirect routes help as well. Prayers work even with an incorrect name as long as their felt with passion, love and a heartfelt plead. Therefore even if you’re not sure of the name pray to G-D for their healing for as you see this occuring inside G-D willing it will work outside as well.
In the end who do we let decide our “self worth”? The truth is even though the word “self” is clearly present there are others that have a greater influence. Family, friends and society take a bite into how we might feel about the path we walk on. Whether we make a certain amount of green $ to buy…., hang with the popular people, or are known by this or that crowd can also play a role in how we feel. Yet in the end there is only one judge our worth the one who has put us here in the 1st place and will decide when or if we need to come home. If one does their best to follow the path that G-D has lead them on then they can determine their worth is greater then any shiny diamond or star out there as well as any feelings deep inside.