HE COULD FALL ANY SECOND
When things start to go your way it becomes easy to slip from confidence to arrogance. Whether it’s due to dating the hottest woman on the block, getting that big promotion, and/or receiving recognition few others receive the push to become arrogant seeps through. It become more difficult to fight as jealous (or perceived jealous) occurs, material gifts are thrown your way, and it only appears stardom is just a few steps away. I’m waiting for all these to occur in my life but I personally have had my moments. How can you keep from becoming arrogant because not only is it wrong but it’s stupid. Your success can turn on a dime and that arrogant behavior can keep you from even climbing the first step, the next time. Here are just a few suggestions (below). I WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR COMMMENTS AS WELL
(1) KEEP IT REAL- I know it’s an overused statement but it still holds water (I did it again). Take the garbage out, pick up after the dog, do the dishes.
(2) KEEP IN TOUCH- Call your family and friends on a regular basis and listen to them.
(3) VOLUNTEER- It’s important to help out those less fortunate and realize that we could be on the receiving end someday.
(4) EAT IN- TAKE OUT- It’s important to be able to celebrate our successes but it’s also important to spend time in your own dwelling cooking your own dishes (not literally they don’t taste too good) and eating the leftovers once in awhile.
(5) THANK THOSE AROUND YOU- Realize you couldn’t have accomplished the goals you achieved without the loving support of your fellow workers, friends, family, and associates.
(6) TALK TO A TEENAGER- Unless you’re Justin Beiber (even he’s losing it) they won’t be impressed and they’ll put you in your place.
(7) THANK G-D/HASH-M – Don’t forget to get on your knees (literally or figuratively) to thank G-D for these moments, ask G-D for the ability to continue the success without the arrogance that can lead to it’s downfall. Finally make sure you apologize for any failures along the way.