I believe there is no reason to terminate a healthy dog. Yet shelters all across America do so on a daily basis. This occurs because these shelter “don’t have room”. This shouldn’t occur! America is a big country and their are plenty of hearts that are empty, surely we can find the space and stop this awful practice. Here are just a few places (below) that dogs could make a difference but I’m sure you have many more suggestions. Let’s just decide to stop destroying a beautiful creature that brings so much love and joy to so many.
(1) Senior Citizen homes, where individuals are left alone for hours and a dog could be bring them comfort.
(2) Prisons, where individuals have lost all sense have humanity and the taking care of such an animal can help them get in touch with a more compassionate side.
(3) Hospices, where the loyalty of a pet during a time of transition can help someone peace in their last moments.
(4) Grieving Centers, where individuals can find warmth after a loved one has passed on.
(5) Finally a dog sanctuary where neutered dogs can live in an open area and be observed on how they interact with each other in a naturally setting.