There are threads (below) that bring these two holidays together and one’s (below) which come from a whole different cloth. Yet in the end whichever holiday you celebrate may it be a peaceful, happy time for you and your loved ones.
- ONE- Both holidays have one central character who leads the faiths to a higher calling.
- TOMORROW- The holidays are truly about redemption even all human ways have failed.
- FAMILY- They both call on families to come together and celebrate today while remember the past.
- FOOD- Special foods are eaten and hopefully enjoyed during these holidays.
- PASSIVE/ACTION-Passover celebrates the action one must take to foster the faith while Easter is one of internally commitment.
- GROUP/INDIVIDUAL- Easter occurs because of Jesus life and times while Passover required the whole group at the time to participate in.
- TIME- Passover is 8 days (7 days in Israel) while Easter is only one.
- FOOD- Trust me the food and the effects afterwards are quite different.