Here are the top 5 stories (below) that I believe will have a long term impact on society as a whole and why that conclusion has been made. Most of the articles we read seem important but these stories might truly change the course.
(1) Mismatched socks become fashionable. The impact on the fashion industry could be incredible as mismatches in apparel “become the look”. This also helps those lonely socks gain a friend.
(2) The Fast Track on trade deals appears to be moving forward. This will allow the President to send trade deals to Congress that can’t be amended or tied up with procedural delays. This will impact the amount of free trade zones available in the world and the true power of the President to negotiate with foreign leaders around the globe.
(3) Environmentalist and Tea Party groups work to promote solar energy. These two political forces from divergent political sides teaming together could create a force that the political elite will have a tough time defeating.
(4) Moody’s cut Russia’s debt to junk rate status. Money talks and now it depends how Russia responds with more hostility or accommodations with the western world.
(5) Nurture can have an effect on changing someone’s IQ for the better. These results will help determine the best way to educate students in the future might not be just the route way but a more hands on caring approach.