What if you found out tomorrow that those who share a different religious, political or philosophical view of yours were right would you be able to accept it? Can we actually listen to the points of those that we disagree with enough to accept that they could be right or is it something that would hurt our own ego? Would you cling to any evidence no matter how small or insignificant to support your incorrect theory? Would you get in a discussion of what is truly wrong and right? It’s a tough question for us with strong opinions to answer. We might be willing to admit we’re wrong about a particular restaurant or music (although many will go to the grave saying the Grateful Dead are great without drugs) but when it comes to matters of the heart can we change. Today there are still people who believe the earth is flat (see link below) would we fall into that category if our theories fell?
In my own experiences I have held out the values and faith that I have known but I believe have modified based on the conditions and truth that have become apparent. I say I believe because I know others might see my changes differently. Here are just a few examples of my modifications based on the truths that I have seen.
(1) I consider myself more of a Tea Party Conservative then a Republican
(2) I have become more Sabbath observant.
(3) My food habits have been filled with more green varieties then meat varieties
(4) I’m for legalization of marijuana with conditions.
(5) I have accepted that some individuals truly can’t help themselves because of mental health issues and/or disabilities.