Throughout my life I have been the “inviter” the person who invites others to join them on special occasions (ex Superbowl Party, New Years Eve Party etc) but before anyone sheds any tears for me there are some advantages (see below). I understand from my mother that others should reciprocate but I can’t wait on an invitation to have a good time. When it’s time to party, it’s time to party and I love to party with friends and family.
1) As an inviter you get to decide what is served and although you might make many dishes for your invited guests there are some dishes that are just for you.
2) All left-overs stay in your house for the next party if it’s just around the corner or for the dog if they aren’t that great.
3) Inviters have to worry what time to come and what time to leave while invitees get to decide what time they should come, leaving is a bit harder.
4) The music and entertainment for the party is basically decided by you with strong influences by those that attend.
5) You get to keep any dishes that are brought by guests and/or jackets left behind (well at least for the next day).
6) Inviters get to show their new home items to friends and family or the mess they have in the house.
(7) Clean up is always fun… (sorry benefits of invitee)
(8) Finally you don’t have to travel to the party and so far there aren’t any laws against drunken walking in your house.
P.S. Who left the whole in my wall?