I believe it’s not necessary to buy a gift of extravagance to make someone happy but a gift that truly represents them. Sometimes that means the most precious gifts come in small packages. How do you go about finding that special gift for your loved one or person that you don’t hate (too much). Here are some helpful hints.
(1) Find out what they truly like (ex sports team, fishing, reading, watching old Seinfeld episodes). A present that combines their likes is the best like a book on a Seinfeld episode where Seinfeld went fishing in a Met’s outfit.
(2) If you can’t find their particular interest that meets your budget then buy something that you know that person wants but never would buy for themselves. It could be that special cologne, expensive Chocolate (my birthday’s 1/20) or sexy night gown (not for mom) .
(3) If you’re still out of the price range you can afford then buy them a practical gift. This is a gift that you know they need but don’t have. It could be that emergency radio if a storm hits, or even a heavy pair of socks for those that live in cold weather. Practical may not seem exciting but it truly is useful.
(4) Wait there’s still hope if you’re still strapped for cash. Give a card to this special person with a promise for a service that they would enjoy (hey keep your mind out of the gutter) it could be cooking them dinner, or cleaning their room.
(4) Wrap the present or card in a fun original box.
(5) Feel good that you didn’t just get a gift certificate but gave a present that truly came from the heart.