As the market gets tighter for distribution of Independent Films. Those filmmakers must think out of the cubicle to find new markets to sell their art. These including working as a team such as noted in previous blog “Filmakers Society” and looking for different niches that might be interested in their product. Here are a few suggestions (below).
Distribution of Independent Films
(1) Hardware Store Distribution-There are distributors that sell thousands of stores at a pop so once you’ve sold one you’ve sold thousands. Here is where a P.O.S display would be helpful.
(2) Educational Institutions- Many H.S. need to show this films during “a rainy day” especially a film with some strong values.
(3) Foreign Market- If your film has a diverse cast there are plenty of ways you can sell rights to different locations for distribution.
(4) Military Market- The military has plenty of down time and if you have a GSA or other governmental contract you might be able to slip in your film.
(5) Game Makers- Who might want to tell your story through a game and be willing to give you a cut of the profits in return.