PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR OWN TEST AND TELL ME WHAT I’VE MISSED
Today’s “Wall Street Journal” test will have 2 parts. Part one will consist of all the facts that I have absorbed from reading the paper for over an hour without looking back at the paper The 2nd part will occur right after I glance at the paper. Here goes part one (please note I was continually distracted during my reading by emergency household chores like my crepes for my daughter)
1. A small town in Australia continues the legacy of Elvis with their annual Elvis events. During this period more Elvis Impersonators can be seen their then in almost any area of the world.
2. A British Tycoon believes that the U.S is a good investment because of the natural gas that resides in the county. He also believes that the U.S allows companies to fail at a more reasonable pace then in Europe and that this allows capital to move quicker and more efficiently.
3. Peggy Noonan believes that the current problems that Governor Christie is having is because he has not done a good job managing his staff. According to Noonan young members of a political staff can be arrogant if they don’t have experience dealing with success and must be carefully watched.
4. The lack of participation in the Job Market could become a major factor in determining if the economy is truly improving.
5. Defense Secretary Gates explained his concerns that the administration has put too much emphasis on political factors when making decisions rather then national security issues.
6. There was a new book on Maimonides that consists of not just his life and times but the philosophy behind this great man.
7. Saudi Arabia’s morality police will allow stores to close for a shorter period of time c. 25 minutes rather then c .45 minutes that are currently observed. There is strong opposition even to this change.
1. A Pig Virus is killing many of the pigs that would be brought to market which in turn is causing a rise in the price of pork.
2. How the wealthy can raise their children without causing them to lose their work ethic?
3. The Central African President has resigned from office leaving a power vacuum in this country.
4. South Sudanian rebels have agreed to a ceasefire without the release of prisoners. They also appear to be losing the war.
5. There are a variety of Karaoke machines that can even make the tone deaf sound like Barbara Streisand’s cousin (well at least a bit better)
6. There was an article detailing the changes that are occurring within counter insurgency groups including using social media, and the internet to develop there organizations.