PROBLEM: Arrogance of Power SOLUTION: Competition in private and public sector. Competition breeds the best in all of us, as we have to earn our place instead of having it handed to them.
1) Choice in education. Give the parents (not the school board) the resources to decide which school is best for their child (private, public, parochial).
2) Less regulations will enable smaller businesses to compete against big businesses that sometimes write those regulations to keep them out of the marketplace. (Banking Industry, Auto Industry etc.)
3) Make it easier for the private sector business to compete against private/public monopolize (ex Long Island Power Authority, MTA etc) even if it’s for a small part of the work they perform.
4) Break up “To Big to Fall” institutions. No company should have so much power of the private and therefore public sector. (AIG, Citibank etc)
5) Lesson the start up cost (ex burdensome licenses, fees) will enable small businesses to make everyone work harder to earn the public’s trust.
As competition increases these businesses will try to earn the public’s trust some by cost, others by quality, and others by innovation. Which will give the public more options and more opportunities