What am I talking about? (read below)
I feel that illegal drugs have done incredible harm to our society. We have seen innocent people shot as bystanders of the violence that occurs in the drug war. We have seen the great talents of our youth destroyed by the epidemic of drug use?
The truth is we can’t stop a product that the people want unless we are willing to lock up all the users of this product for a serious period of time. I believe many things adults do to their own bodies is wrong but as long as they’re educated on the consequence, don’t hurt others and have a clear way out then it’s should be up to the individual to be stupid or not be stupid. These steps (below) though need to be taken before any legalization occurs.
(1) Those that seek to use these substances must get a license which requires them to be educated on the consequences of their future actions and know where their are resources available to kick the habit.
(2) Store front locations must be set where people can utilize these drugs but these individuals must not be permitted to drive home until their effect has fully been relinquished from their system. Individuals can take these substances from their own home but must have a certified provider in the vicinity to insure that they don’t drive after taking such substances or cause harm to others. The facilities that provide these substances and/or the provider must have information clearly available on the possible consequences of utilizing such substances and information on how to quit.
(3) All these substances will be heavily taxed and those taxes will go directly to anti-drug campaigns for youths and the most effective drug rehabilitation centers.
(4) Individuals who have such licenses must agree to have semi-annually check ups on their mental and physical health.
(5) Youths must not be exposed to the use of these substances.