I believe we have different types of friends that help us deal with the world we face. You might have an opportunity to combine a friendship but often trying to do so can cause confusion and can hurt the original friendship. Here are a just few examples (below) of the different types of friendship.
(1) EXPERIENCE FRIENDSHIP- This is a friendship that is based on a powerful experience(s) that you shared with this individual. Here is an individual that you can share memories with for a lifetime.
(2) DEPENDABLE FRIENDSHIP- Here is the person that will help you when times are tough but may not be “the nicest” to you. They may not say what you want but will do what you need.
(3) FUNNY FRIENDSHIP- We all need a good laugh once in awhile and this person somehow knows where your funny bone is located and how to stimulate it.
(4) INTEREST FRIENDSHIP- It’s great to have someone who has the same passion you do for the desires in your life.
(5) BUSINESS FRIENDSHIP- This is a friendship that is truly based on the work experiences that you go through. They are helpful in this realm but it doesn’t truly extend to your personal life.
(6) EMPATHATIC FRIENDSHIP- Here is that crying shoulder we all need once in awhile that can turn to a standing ovation as well.