The “Wall Street Journal” test returns but this time I’m only given myself an hour to read the paper. I also will look at the paper for one minute before taking the test.
(1) Peggy Noonan wrote about the terroristic attack on our energy supply that occurred earlier in the year (see recent post) and the challenge this is to our national security.
(2) The U.N has helped remove civilians from the town on Hon’s who were caught in the middle of the civil war that is occurring in Syria.
(3) Stocks such as Wal-Mart, A T & T, and Apple computers are considered “safe” bets should the market continue to fall.
(4) A commentator wrote about how people seldom take the advise they are given.
(5) There was a wonderful article that described why Norway usually wins many of the winter Olympic medals. The reasons consist of cultural differences, weather conditions, and the spar city of certain towns.
(6) The U.N is seeking more information from Iran on how their military is working with the nuclear program they have created.
(7) The countries that have the most supporters in the winter Olympics consist of first Russia, then the U.S and third Canada.
(8) The growth in jobs for the month of January was much lower then expected yet the unemployment rate still fell to 6.6 %
(9) There was a commentary saying that we need to update the way we figure out the unemployment rate to be more specific on the various groups that are unemployed if we are truly to help those that are unemployed.
(10) There is a company that allows individuals such as athletes to attach a camera to their equipment so that they can film live action. (Now I’m cheating) It’s called Gopro inc and I’m going to look at buying this stock.