During a brief (less then a year) especially difficult time in my life I went to a licensed therapist. I stopped going because I basically felt the issues were resolved in a more effective way yet also worried about government’s reach into my own personal family security matters. Today therapy takes on a whole different approach that has helped me cope with life’s struggles. These therapeutic (below) sessions have made all the difference in the world.
(1) WORKING OUT- Honestly it’s as much for my mind as my body as I throw 235 or so pounds off my body my problems are lifted away as well … at least until I leave the gym.
(2) ARTS- Music & Film enable me to escape into a world that is either more traumatic then mine, laugh my way out or let go of it.
(3) DOGS- Yes, they are very therapeutic especially when feeling a bit lonely, sad, isolated or confused.
(3) PRAYER- Trust me G-D listens although the answer might come out in ways and times one would never expect.
(4) YOU- This blog has enabled me to express points of view that I might be uncomfortable to express in any other settings and let them dissipate into constructive creative pursuits.
FOOTNOTE- What unique/constructive ways do you utilize to get the therapy you desire?