While there are many punishments listed in the good book for those that don’t follow G-D’s path there is one that holds true for those that due… peace. Yes, those of faith still strive to be the 1st of the pact but that G-D might have them running a different race. They are as passionate about “things as those who are lacking” but accept that their is higher calling that might pull them away. These individuals take pride in what they have achieved especially when they understand they can’t take it with them. Those of faith no they are still sinners but see that G-D has the redemption power to release them from this tension as well. Faith’s greatest gift therefore is the serenity to know that in the end everything add’s up even as the calculator is in a higher peaceful realm.
You not only have the right to challenge authority but the duty to when you feel it is floating in the wrong bowl. This is demonstrated with the daughters of Zelophehad who believed their family name would be destroyed if they didn’t speak up. Their logical and respectful disagreement with common law was accepted by Moses and changed the course of history. G-D gives us the “free will” to explore past writings and come to our own conclusions based on logic not dictates. Therefore it’s our divine right to challenge respectfully those in power whenever it appears the crowd is swimming aimlessly.
How does one love G-D with all their heart, with all your might and all thy soul? Could it be similar to the love one feels for another special individual in their life? Here are a few ways (below) I believe this could occur.
(1) UNCONDITIONALLY- While times may move like the waves our love of G-D should stay anchored to the shore.
(2) EMOTIONALLY- Expressing Love for G-D should be as exciting as the Met’s winning another World Series and if they do you know it’s divine intervention (lol)
(3) COMPLETELY- One should include G-D in all the breaks that go one’s way whether an acceptance speech or a can finally being open.
(4) ANGRY- Yes, you can be angry when those waves are rocking at your shore even question the ship you’re on but at the same time understand you’re ship hasn’t landed yet.
(5) NOT SATISFIED- One should love G-D knowing that there is more to their mission every day even if they’ve docked at an island.
FOOTNOTE- Maybe that is why loving G-D requires all your heart, might and soul because it truly isn’t easy especially in the world we live and many a time my boat was rocked as well.