It was the one thing he loved more than anything in the world and ultimately it was the hand that took him home. The pain that drained my heart and pulled my soul was that I could be the hand that gave him his last morsel. For, I had given him a chicken nugget after he wouldn’t eat any of his doggie treats and then discovered his body hours later. The Vet determined that it was his own dog food that trapped him in his tomb. Dog food that is supposed to keep my 4-legged friend alive brought him six feet under as this hard nugget went down the wrong pipe. The irony is tragic and although one cloud has been lifted there are many more thunderstorms ahead as I mourn the loss of my buddy and friend, Sidney.
FOOTNOTE- Was this a freak accident or have other four-legged friends died by eating dry dog food which went the wrong way.