Yes, I know it’s easy to offer advise on how the government should have responded to Covid now almost 2 years after it hit our shores yet the exercise must be done so G-D forbid will be ready for another pandemic type situation. With that in mind here is how I believe the Pandemic response should have been handled by our government leaders.
(1) OVAL OFFICE SPEECH- The President should have had an oval office speech on what is known and what is still be discovered as soon as the 1st Covid Case hit our shore. In that speech, the President should have listed the parameters that would be observed in making society as safe as possible especially for those that are most vulnerable with as little restrains to freedom and liberty over the long run. This speech would be followed by another whenever difficult times occurred with open discussion from his advisors
(2) 18 LOCKDOWN WOULD OCCUR- This would shore up supplies to local hospitals and emergency response teams. One local hospital would be geared to take care of those that are suffering from the illness and if such a facility wasn’t available an indoor arena in each locality would be fitted to do so. Additional Emergency Care Response teams in every locality would be set up.
(3) VULNERABLE PROTECTED- Senior Care Facilities would be well protected with any and all equipment geared to those locations to prevent serious illness and death. Seniors who contacted Covid would be immediately transferred to a facility geared for such treatment.
(4) VULNERABLE PROTECTED 2- All other individuals deemed most susceptible to serious injury/death from Covide such as those that are obese have heart problems, Cancer, etc would receive all equipment needed to protect them. Additionally, marketing expenses would be used to help warn them of the seriousness this Pandemic imposes on their health and well-being.
(5) MEDICINES/TREATMENTS- Every medicine/treatment would be carefully evaluated not based on politics but effectiveness to help those suffering from the illness and this analysis would occur 24/7.
(6) VACCINES- Those that are most vulnerable based on the data would be the one’s 1st to receive the vaccine.
(7) ALL INFORMATION- The White House would have one Covid Database which would have timely 24/7 updates on the Virus for the public to view at any time with accurate direct information.