How does one achieve “entertainment” with their viewer(s)? Here are some key elements that add to the mix.
- Tension- The viewer is initially drawn into the tension between the main characters. You might want peace in your life but in the arts it’s boring.
- Character Development- People want to see characters that are well drawn out with flaws they can empathize with and strengths that are hidden below the action. These should be characters one can relate to not necessarily with their story line but in some of their traits
- Action- We can’t watch water drip from a sink unless something unless suddenly pops out.
- Unique- Individuals want to escape their world and move to one that takes them somewhere else even if it’s just down the street.
- Satisfying Conclusion- No, it doesn’t have to be neat just one that tells the viewer their time wasn’t wasted.
- Moments- You have to put those out there for the world to see.
- Think- If you can add to someone’s discussion point after their viewer another will look your way as well.