While most will decry violence how many will decry what leads up to it? Don’t get me wrong violence should always be the last resort but when you feel your vote has been stolen, that your voice is being cancelled and all “legal avenues” of challenge have been ignored you can understand the steam is a rising even in a bitter cold day like today. Democracy is the key to keeping those with warring views from lifting arms against each other and therefore both sides must believe the outcome even if against their view is fair, just and properly adjudicated. Today I ask those that were in the fight to put down their arms and fight like hell to make sure what occurred in this Presidential election never happens again with reforms that truly count the legal votes only. Here are a just a few (below) I pray that we all can stand for so that we can all live in peace, freedom and justice.
(1) VOTER ID- It’s time that we provide every citizens that needs a picture I.D that they would use for voting and other purposes. Those who decide it is against their political, religious or other views would have a notarized letter stating that.
(2) NO DEAD VOTE- One week before an election all those who are passed away are removed from the voter registration list.
(3) PAPER TRAIL- Every voting machine must have a paper trail for certification of said votes.
(4) PUBLIC ACCESS- Tabulation of votes must be open to the public through an internet channel any citizen or government agency can watch throughout the process
(5) POLL WATCHERS- There must be poll watches from both sides present and in positions where they can actually witness the count.
(6) RECEIPT OF VOTE- Just as one gets a receipt from a purchase one should be able to access a receipt for their vote and have one opportunity to change it thereof.