Yes you could talk to her (above)and even him. The key is to know when to inhale and when to exhale. In other words these 4 letter items matter. Here’s some fine points in the art of speaking to anyone I just hope I learn to follow them as well.
(1) GREETING– Time your basic greeting to the type of person you are seeing. People who are a bit more introvert will want a warm greeting while those who are extroverts will see it as competition.
(2) QUIET TIME- Allow the person you are speaking to feel as if they are in charge of the conversation at least initially unless they are an introvert. If so step # 3 immediately.
(3) ASK ABOUT THEM- Find out there interest and likes and let them explore them with you. For example if they’re family people ask about their children and grandchildren if there into sports make them feel as if their the sports announcer.
(4) BE CURIOUS- Unless you’re an Oscar winning performer it’s hard to fake that you care. Therefore find an aspect of their story that interests you and expand on it.
(5) COMPLIMENT- No matter what is said compliments go a long way especially if they are real.
(6) EMPATHY- Yes, this is the hardest part of the conversation when they have been talking the longest but once you gain the empathy card you will be dealt the rest of the cards
(7)GRAND FINALE – No matter what else occurs before the ending is what is remembered so let it stay positive even if the conversation was less then you wanted.