After reviewing what has occurred with the Corona-Virus (below) I would take the following steps if I was at 1600 Pennyslvania Avenue at the time this occurred. Of course this is all in hindsight so I don’t fault those who had to make the difficult decision in real time today.
(1) – Close all travel in and out of Europe
(2) – Have a 21 day in house order except for essential businesses and employees during this time.
(3) Fully secure Nursing Homes during said period w orders that isolate the most vulnerable and provide all essential equipment to those that take care of them masks, gloves, gowns & immediate test equipment for staff and residents. Staff would be quarantined as much as possible as well.
(4) Insure every hospital has all the supplies they need for mass Pandemic for staff and patients that could enter during same period.
(5) Work with businesses to find ways that they all could open after that 21 day period with as much safety as possible including distancing of customers, masks and cleansing apparatuses.
(6) State would give certification stamp levels from A-F to business, non profits and educational institutions based on the safety conditions these businesses have implemented that would have to be openly shown to the public. This would occur within that 21 day period. If a business didn’t receive a rating of C or better it wouldn’t be able to open but could appeal said decision to the courts for an immediate review.
(7) Individuals who contacted the sickness would be traced to everyone they have been in contact them and those individuals would be asked to quarantine for an additional 14 days. During said period they would provide blood and urine tests to see if there is a pattern between those who become sick and those that don’t become so.
(8) Insure that doctors could prescribe any medicines tested or not to their patience who are suffering with these conditions as long as said patient and family members are notified of the side effects and agree to go in this direction. No government official would be permitted to interfere with patient doctor relationship during said period. Data for performance and failure of such treatment would need to be fully documented ASAP.
(9) Home Testing Kits- would be able to purchased at a minimal cost online (which could be subsides for the poor) and the results mailed into a lab.
WHAT WOULD YOU ADD OR DELETE TO THIS LIST?