For those with vision way past this crisis the future is bright maybe to the point of sunglasses. Real estate values in prime locations are falling and will continue in the near future allowing those with resources to hold onto a bright future. A future that initially will be painful from a pocketbook social pressure and financial aspects. Yet time will be on your side if you’re willing to see out past this horizon.
I have this vision and see it in a strip mall with a restaurant and maybe even some housing connected. I would have private talks with the restaurant er before I made such a purchase how I could help them get out of the dire situation with innovation that would keep them afloat and become profitable again much faster. If that restaurant er agreed to these terms (below) their would be incredible benefits on their end such as low or no cost rent for the short term future along with a stimulus check into this project.
(1) Convert that restaurant so it had a drive through area.
(2) Create a menu geared more to individual tastes. Created in the Subway type vision.
(3) Carry basic supplies (Milk, Toilet Paper, Orange Juice, Etc.
(4) Rent out space within the restaurant to a local artist or even other business
(5) Make sure we have an easy delivery service.
(6) Insure space for talent to perform including a stage.
(7) Space out tables wide apart and have hand sanitizer stations in various locations of the restaurant
(8) Put in a powerful ventilation system that keeps the air flowing well.