I know I’m revealing a bit of my age for those who mathematicians but what the hell I’m still around today. So here is a comparison of the benefits of these two time periods (below) from just one person who has lived through both periods and G-D willing many tomorrows as well.
1980’s PLUSES ++++
- Community – With only a few selections in entertainment that was not as easily at your disposal there actually was something we all could talk about at the water cooler or recess.
- Big Events- Events were larger in the 1980’s then they are today because the hype truly had an impact through the select media we all watched.
- CNN – It actually did a better job pretending it was fair and balance then it does today. Journalist actually gave Republican’s some credit for achieving good results.
- NFL– Football and all other sports were actually fun for all to watch not political showcases that leave many looking for other entertainment.
- NY Met’s & USA Hockey- Who could forget the 1986 dream World Series win for the NY Mets and the conquest of the Evil Empire on the Ice Rink.
- Ronald Reagan- Trust me he was hated as much by the main stream press but the patriotism that he brought back to our shores was contagious.
- Outside- We actually enjoyed playing and being outside without a phone.
- Medicine- Friends and family members we would have lost in the past are alive and healthy in today’s times.
- Fingertip Knowledge- The world of knowledge is truly at your fingertips without a trip to the library or even carrying a book.
- Food Options- I can’t remember a time when anyone ate Guacamole, Kiwi’s or Sushi and forget about the quality of Chocolate.
- Entertainment Options- Compare 3 basic channels and records to today’s endless options in entertainment.
- Fox News – We can actually listen to different viewpoints on all the major issues.
- Technology – The advances in technology appear endless and are in all aspects of one’s life.
- Niche’s There are ways you can more easily find someone who shares your unique characteristics.