As July 4th approaches I have to be honest and say my Patriotism is waning. I understand that I still live in the greatest country in the world with my freedom’s protected but it is not a great as the country I grew up in (see below).
(1) Our Country was a country that our friends knew we had their backs and our enemies feared. Today with the approach of an Iranian Nuclear deal and red lines wiped clean I fear this is not the case.
(2) The United States actively pursued Democracy against tyranny and although the outcomes weren’t perfect we all knew where we stood. Yet today as tyranny is falling in countries like Cuba and Iran our negotiations keeps evil regimes like these afloat.
(3) We were a country that cheered other’s success and used any jealousy to pursue our own economic freedom but today that jealousy is used to penalize those who have made great opportunities for the many.
(4) Being strong meant taking words and signs and not allowing them to hurt us but today it appears we are hurt by almost every word or sign.
(5) Gays came out of the closet but they didn’t force that closet on all of us.
(6) Government was there to protect freedom and opportunities not create new entitlements and opportunities.
(7) If we took a risk we paid the price not expect everyone else to dip in their pockets to get us out.
(8) We generally respected Law Enforcement officials and although they weren’t perfect they respected us today that trust between the public and the peace authorities is unraveling.
I will hold my flag high this July 4th not just for the country we are but the country that G-D willing we will become again.