This week I tried to focus on the news items that could effect our future with my own comments as to why I believe this could occur.
(1) U.S. Economy had a lower GDP (Gross Domestic Product) then predicted at 2.6 % as lower exports and lower capital spending couldn’t be offset by the positive news of lower gas prices and the increase of consumer spending. G-D willing I’m wrong, but I believe this showcases how weak our recovery truly is and how negative spark such an increase in gas prices could put us back into a recession that will be difficult to recover from quickly.
(2) ISIS has made it’s biggest offensive into Kirkuk a Kurdish controlled area in Iraq. I believe this is a military blunder that will devastate ISIS because the Kurds will fight like any group for their homeland and G-D willing this bring about their demise.
(3) President Obama outlined efforts to hold genetic information for over 1 million people “to try to find cures for many diseases”. There might be good intentions for the holding of such information but if in the government hands and without a strong watchdog I worry how they could use this information against their opponents.
(4) Republican led Congress is seeking a faster process for approval of new drug and medical device treatments. This should open the door to quicker cures or at least better ways to deal with illnesses.
(5) The Senate is seeking to pass a bill that would expand mental health treatment to our veterans. This piece of legislation is long past due because we must due more to help those with mental and physical who have risked everything to secure our freedom.
(6) Golden Crust appears to big the next big food chain coming out of NYC. The future is a bit more spicier and Jamaican Yo Man.
(7) Gas still will run the combustible engines in the near future. The future lies with America and the world becoming energy independent which means all the above strategy.